What could be easier and more satisfying than making your own sweet indulgences? To me, these truffles are like HIIT for the dessert world. Super healthy and effective, yet short and sweet, and while Tabata isn’t nearly as easy as these babies, it takes the same amount of time for the same amazing rewards.
It’s actually shocking how effective a short Tabata workout done three times a week can be. Why spend hours in the gym when you can get er’ done and feel that great endorphin high in your own home! I’m sold. In the same regard, why slave away for hours making delicate patisseries when you can throw together a few ingredients and have scrumptious 4 ingredient superfood truffles in mere minutes.
They were gobbled up just as fast. I brought them to my lovely friends blessing way, which is like a baby shower but better. She’s bursting with life and baby could arrive any day now. Mommas need raw cacao to fuel those last days, it’s a fact. You can coat these truffles with whatever superfoods or seeds you may have lying around- I used hemp seeds, raw cacao and bee pollen but other options would include sesame seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, cacao nibs, goji berries, matcha, or other crushed nuts.
And speaking of mommas, my mom and grandma left yesterday, waaaaah. I wish they lived closer, I miss them already. It was so nice to reconnect in person. It’s hard not having family close by, a big sacrifice for living in such a beautiful place. Maybe some day the mountains will call them over for good.
- 3/4 C date paste (soaked in warm water for a few minutes)
- 1 C brazil nuts (raw, unsalted)
- 3 Tbs cacao powder + extra for rolling
- your favourite superfoods for rolling
- In a blender or food processor combine dates, brazil nuts, and cacao powder until smooth. Set mixture in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes until workable.
- Roll into balls and coat in your favourite superfoods.
- Store in the fridge. Makes about 16 truffles.