My sweet seeeesta and our friend are coming to visit this weekend! I’m so excited and roasting a huge chicken while I watch every car that passes by. It’s very lovely that they are coming for the weekend since it’s a 10 hour drive. We plan on checking out some hot springs, going fishing and hiking up to the Jumbo Valley, an absolutely stunning mountain pass home to the worlds largest Grizzly habitat. An old guy in town told us a funny story today, he was at the gas station, eating a muffin and bent down to check his tire pressure. He put the muffin down on his trunk and while he was fiddling with the tire, a bear stole his muffin and brushed up against him non-chalantly. Lots of bears around these parts, so hopefully we’ll see a Grizz on our hike, just not too close…
I ripped the last of the kale out of the garden today as the frost is coming soon. What to do with a big bunch of fresh kale? Make a fabulous salad of course, loaded with honey crisp apple slices, parmesan cheese and a tarragon-mustard vinaigrette. It will pair beautifully with our balsamic roast chicken and crispy roasted potatoes.
- 1 bunch kale, thinly chopped
- 1 honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- ½ C parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp worchester or fish sauce
- 1 Tbs organic sour cream
- ½ tsp sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Combine olive oil, lemon,tarragon,dijon,worcester, sour cream, salt and pepper in a jar and shake well to emulsify.
- Toss kale and apple until every leaf is saturated with yummy dressing and top with parmesan