You’ll want to add this ginger, star anise and bird chili infused asian hot pepper vinegar to everything! It is so good and can jazz up the plainest of dishes or fill the empty space when a dish just needs a certain je ne sais quoi. I love it in stir fries, with a touch of sugar and tamari, you’ve got yourself a full on yummy sauce. Its delicious added to thai soups and curries, added to salad dressings, sautéed vegetables, the list goes on. You can try infusing vinegar with different hot peppers and spices for a different effect. Garlic, peppercorn, and habanero infused white wine vinegar is great for more South American style. Get creative! Hot pepper vinegars are a chefs bestie!
- 3 C rice vinegar
- handful of thai bird chillis
- 3-4 star anise pods
- a thumb of ginger, finely sliced
- Heat the vinegar just to a simmer.
- Cut a small slit into the side of each pepper and pop into an appropriate glass vessel.
- Add ginger and star anise to your vessel as well.
- Pour the hot vinegar overtop.
- No need to refrigerate and when the vinegar runs out simply add more hot vinegar until the peppers start to lose their colour and potency.