These little chorizo spinach and sweet pepper egg muffins are for all those breakfast avoiders in your life. They’re easy to pack away for a few hours after wake up when hunger strikes. J is taking an early morning course this week so these were the perfect fuel for ripping chainsaws.
Winter has brought a layer of sparkly fairy dust, the sun is shining brightly and little ice diamonds are draped upon every surface. All I want to do is curl up in a ball by the fire and sleep for days. Even though the beauty of the snow capped mountains is stunning I still feel like ducking out and jumping on a plane to Costa Rica. I suppose the true beauty in life is found with acceptance of where you are. The grass is always greener but there certainly are upsides to winter in Canada. A quiet chance to read, go within, read some more, write, make snow angels… ah who am I kidding, I want to be in a hammock on a beach right now. That is all.
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil or fat of choice, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C chopped chorizo sausage, smoked or pre-cooked
- 1 C packed spinach, chopped
- 1 whole sweet pepper, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a muffin tin add equal amounts of chorizo, spinach and pepper
- Mix eggs, oil, garlic, salt and pepper and divide equally on top of the chorizo.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.