Hello all, today is the full moon, It’s shining in through my window as we speak.
Hard to believe another month has already passed, is it just me or is time speeding up?
We’re busy preparing for spring over here in western canada land. Getting the garden ready, building some new growing spaces and greenhouses. The more food we can grow the better, not only is homegrown the tastiest but its also brimming with love.
If you’re wanting to start growing some of your own food, even if its just a few pots on a balcony- I’ve put together a little resources page on how to start a garden and compost.
My friend brought me a squash, it was really a sweet offering. I haven’t got any winter squashes left and baby Mav lurves them so much. Since he’s my spicy little guy I upped the ante with ginger,cumin and some garlic and we just went to town. Squash is so nourishing and really the perfect winter food. This is a really simply recipe thats perfect for a side dish or accompaniment to a salad. It also goes really well with my lemony tahini sauce.
- 1 whole squash, preferably either carnival, kabocha or small pumpkin
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch piece of peeled ginger, minced or grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- sesame seeds
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Prepare squash by cutting into wedges, you can remove the peels but I tend to leave them on as most are edible.
- Combine oils with lime,cumin,ginger,garlic and salt.
- In a large bowl toss squash with the oil mixture and spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until nice and tender and sprinkle with sesame seeds, serve with fresh lime wedges and enjoy!