The reason I love pizza so much, is because it’s like a blank canvas, where you can create anything you can imagine. Really the combinations are endless, more than any other type of food. I mean, you can’t have fruity pasta, but fruity pizza YUM. Or revamping any ethnic dish to be in pizza form, pad thai pizza, jerk chicken pizza, greek salad pizza. My favourite pizza though is spicy perogi pizza, which is a carb explosion of potatoes and classic pizza dough bathed in spicy goodness and b-b-b-bacon. You never feel too hot afterwards though, it’s one of those meals that leaves you feeling hungover the next day. This pizza problem is alleviated with the invention of this amazing grain and gluten-free pizza dough by The Domestic Man. How’s about you go here for the recipe and to check out his amazing blog laden with wonderful recipes of all healthy varieties. The recipe does contain dairy but you can substitute it with coconut milk and nutritional yeast. I just used a nice raw parmesan and some organic spicy cheddar and my belly felt just fine afterwards.
Todays pizza creation included a smoky yam & bacon version and a truffle, rosemary, oyster mushroom and fresh watercress version.
Both were lovely on this thin, crispy, flavourful crust.
- The Domestic Man's Grain & Gluten free Pizza Dough ½ the quantity
- ¼ cup crushed tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbs italian seasoning- basil, oregano, marjoram
- 1 chipotle, finely chopped (less if you don't love spicy)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ red onion, sliced super thin or chopped up
- ¼ yam, sliced super thin
- ¾ cup shredded jalapeño cheddar cheese (optional)
- 6 pieces bacon, par-cooked and chopped
- The Truffle Oyster Mushroom Pizza
- the other ½ of pizza dough
- 1 tsp white truffle oil
- 1 Tbs mayo
- ½ sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 large oyster mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 cup watercress chopped up
- Mix the tomato sauce, salt,garlic,italian seasoning and chipotle and spread this on your pizza dough
- Top with onion, yam,cheese & bacon on top so it gets nice and crispy.
- Sprinkle paprika all over
- Spread truffle oil and mayo on crust, sprinkle with rosemary
- Top with garlic, cheese and mushrooms.
- Serve with raw watercress.
- Bake both pizzas at 500F for 8-10 minutes.
Just look at that beauty, truly it was hard to believe the crust was gluten-free. Jakeob said it was the best pizza he ever had, gasp!