You, me, four ingredients (!) and a bottle of wine, sound like a good date?
In honour of love, post valentines day love, I challenge YOU to make these for someone just.because.
Yeah, I’m a bit of a rebel…
I’m also a little sugar addict, yes I try and make healthy-er treats, but I know a sugar is a sugar is a sugar. Time for a little spring cleaning here soon folks. Whole 3o time? Perhaps I’ll wait it out see if it snows one last time, I’m guess it will, and I’m guessing cupcakes will be in order to quell those winter-almost-spring doldrums. Any plans for spring cleansing? Is it even spring yet?
These little truffles of love are absolutely the creamiest most closest thing to eating pure nutella out of the jar that you can get. Except that I didn’t actually use nutella, as it’s filled with a whole bunch of questionable ingredients.
Instead I started with making a butter from roasted hazelnuts and when it got really smooth and creamy I added melted dark chocolate and some coconut cream, a little bit of raw honey to sweeten the deal. Easy right? You could make this post valentines treat for your lover, your neighbour, your cat…okay maybe not your cat, in about 30 minutes. Ta da!
- 2 C roasted hazelnuts, ½ C crushed and reserved for coating the truffles
- ¾ C dark chocolate, melted over a double boiler
- 3 Tbs coconut cream or milk
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- In a high powered blender or food processor, blend the hazelnuts until smooth and creamy, you may have to scrape the sides throughout.
- Add coconut cream and honey to melted chocolate and incorporate.
- In a large bowl combine hazelnut butter with chocolate mixture and pop in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- When the mixture is workable but not too soft, scoop 1 Tbs onto a piece of parchment and roll into a ball, coat with extra crushed hazelnuts and repeat.
- Let the truffles set in the fridge for an hour or so before indulging.