You know when you want a brownie, but you don’t want a whole brownie, well that’s where these little bites come in. They satisfy your brownie tooth without going overboard, that is, if you can refrain from eating them all. Really you could without feeling too guilty, since you use dates instead of sugar and they’re totally grain free. I was pretty excited about my latest thrift store score, which was a mini muffin tin, who knew making all things mini could be so fun.
Yes, you guessed it that lovely rose plate was another thrift store score, straight outta grandma’s cabinet. The frosting on these bites could fool Tony the Tiger, its creamy luxurious and spiked with ample vanilla and soft honey notes.
- ½ C date paste, softened in warm water for a few minutes.
- 2 Tbs+2 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs cacao powder
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ C raw cashews, soaked 6-8 hrs
- ⅓ C water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs+ drizzle honey
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the softened date paste, coconut oil and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine the cacao powder, coconut flour and salt. Mix into the wet ingredients.
- Drop brownie dough by the Tbs. into your mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor add the strained cashews, coconut oil, vanilla, honey and a pinch of salt, slowly add the water until the consistency is thick yet spreadable and super smooth and creamy.
- When the brownie bites have cooled slightly, spoon a dollop of frosting on top and drizzle with a little extra honey.