I have a hard time eating during these hot summer days. It’s all smoothies, kombuchas and coconut water most of the time, until the cool air shows itself after dusk and a feast forms to fill the whole days necessities. Not exactly the healthiest regimen, I know if anything we require extra fuel when the sweat is flowing most of the day. Luckily sugar snap peas are in season, along with broccoli, cucumbers, radish (yes, still rocking the radishes), zucchini, and baby beets! Veggies and dip at the beach, yes please MMM. So any Aussies who can tell me the ingredients in that uber popular forget the name super yummy beet dip? Seriously, I wish x2 that we could get that shiz, but I know I can make it to, if only I remembered the name. This dip creation is equally delicious and full of beautiful bloody red beets, roasted italian ribbed zucchini and salty fresh goat feta. Fresh dill, of course, a beets best friend. This Roasted Beet, Zuchinni and Feta Dip is a gorgeous addition to any spread, happy potluck food, and super easy to eat in the hot sun. Picnic anyone?
My love left is fighting the wildfires of British Columbia, he’s gone for a few weeks and I miss him terribly. It’s the longest we’ve ever been apart, and I know he’s missing Mav like crazy. Our pup Ranger won’t even eat when he’s gone. Until I made him some bacon, who could resist that? Rangers the best pal, he helps me with the baby, I know that sounds weird but he really does! He’s always looking out for us when his dad’s away.
Since J is my wonderful photographer, my posts for the next 2 weeks will be more focused on nutrition, DIY, foraging and other exciting ideas that don’t require photography skills.
Hope you love this vibrant purple dip as much as I do friends!
- 1 large beet or 4 baby beets, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- ½ a medium sized zuchinni, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp good salt
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill or 1 Tbs dry dill
- ½ cup coconut milk, cream or sour cream
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- generous amounts of fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a oven proof dish, lay the beets and zucchini in one layer and drizzle with olive oil, toss with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add roasted vegetables, feta, coconut milk or cream, mustard, dill and pepper. Blend until super smooth.
- Serve with fresh veggies and crackers
I’m a food renegade! Rock on!