My mind is all over the place lately. I’m a daydreamer, it’s my superpower, I could do it all day and be quite content. I especially love people watching and daydreaming in conjunction, imagining what the lives of others are made of. Today I nearly walked into a pole, which may have something to do with the smell of pulled pork wafting out of Nelsons bbq joint. By some space cadet miracle I was able to pull it together this morning and bring everything we needed to town as well as making these delicious thai lime and chili cashews. These are a great snack and super easy to make, I know I’m a sure sucker for all those fancy nut mixes at the health food store. They’re usually pretty expensive and you don’t really get much, so I’ve opted to just make my own for a fraction of the price. Because I am nuts about nuts! I like to add additional little goodies like coconut flakes and sesame seeds but you can totally leave those out if you want.
Trader Joe’s makes a thai chili lime cashew mix that people love. Although theirs tastes artificial and overtly fake, this one is the real deal and tastes way better! If you shop at TJ’s I’d say stick to the whole foods, their pre packaged stuff tends to have a lot of added garbage.
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs sambal or sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds
- ½ C shredded coconut
- 1 C cashews or cashew pieces
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 315F
- In a medium sized bowl combine sesame oil, hot sauce,honey, lime, tamari and mix well.
- Add sesame seeds, coconut and cashews and toss to coat evenly in the sauce.
- Spread a thin layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, take out and stir, bake for another 7-10 minutes depending on the strength of your oven, check often to make sure they turn perfectly golden but don't burn.